Wednesday, August 5, 2009

5 weeks into diet and exercise and the scale hasnt moved!?

I intake around 1200-1800 calories depending on what im doing and I usually eat a big breakfast then work my way down from lunch to dinner and eating less then I dont usually eat after 7pm. I do snack at night sometimes(im trying to cut that out little by little but its not going to happen cold turkey or i know ill binge) im getting better -its usually a piece of fruit or some pickles and cheese usually is what I have. I also drink socially on weekends-Jack %26 Pepsi. I drink water and homemade tea w/sweet n low- no soda other than that.I am week-2 in taking Hydroxy-cut.I was doing 30 min + weights and stretches for 6 days a week for 2 weeks, now I have been doing 25-45 minutes on tredmill walking then sprinting and repeat for 5 days per weekI am in week-5 and I look more toned but the scale hasnt moved at all!I am trying to make a lifestyle change- not just a diet but food is too hard to cut, HELP what else can I do??im 5'0 %26 154lbs-Also how many cals in liquor
Answer:
Thats great ! if your starteing to look toned guess what you are!. I was in the exact same place as you last year all that means is that you body is turning your fat into muscle, and remeber that muscle weighs more than fat !
Give it more time. Also, you could be gaining more muscle which weighs more than fat. In fact, you should throw away your scale and focus more on how you fit into your clothes.
Sometimes it doesn't show up in pounds... sometimes it shows up in inches. Measure yourself now and see what your measurements are in a few weeks.
have you had your thyroid checked? a slow thryoid can contribute to not losing weight. i think if i were you i'd go and see the doctor and explain that you're dieting and exercising but nothing is shifting!
I think what you should focus on more is how many inches is your waist. What I would do is measure your waist and then see how much that changes and not focus so much on weight! I heard this on Oprah from her Doctor that the size of your waist is more important then your weight. Also try not to weigh yourself too often, it's much more fun checking it out like every 6 weeks or something that way the change is bigger and that can be more exciting for you! Well Good luck! Hope that helps!
There is this product out there that I have seen alot of people have success with. It is this 5 day cleanse that starts by helping you lose the cravings. Most people lose between 5 and 10 lbs The best thing about it is that it is totally nutritious.I highly recommend it.
Lots of walking, watch what you eat, use "protein shakes" for energy and encouragement from family/friends and that should do it. Cheerleaders use protein shakes to train, it gives them that energy boost they need.
Liqour and soda have alot of fat calories. If you really want to loose weight, don't diet, just walk 1 hour everyday and you will loose alot of cals.
* You might want to cut down on the liqour and soda.
it doesnt matter how many calories are in liquor - because all the alcohol calories are being stored in fat reserves, body cant use them for energy (they are empty calories)
more cardio - the first 20-30min body burns carbs and only then starts burning fat so you should be doing about 45min 4-6 days a week
weight training not more than 3 days a week.
EAT after 7pm!! if you are hungry - as long as you dont consume more calories than spend during the day you are not gona gain weight.
ditch the pickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment